Scoring Central
Didja miss me? - Printable Version

+- Scoring Central (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net)
+-- Forum: General (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Didja miss me? (/showthread.php?tid=708)

Pages: 1 2 3

Didja miss me? - bigcat1969 - 09-28-2019

I've had some health problems and I've been staying in a guest apartment provided by the church I work for but no internet access which is actually surprisingly relaxing. I live 60 feet in the air up many steps! They discovered that I have a brain lesion but they think it will be a relatively east surgery sending in a robot. The recovery might be a rough week or two so I'm going to put a mattress in from the of the TV and watch the old Andy Griffith as I recover. I read to watch something fun and simple and old Andy qualifies.

All the best and keep a light on for me!

RE: Didja miss me? - Mattias Westlund - 09-28-2019

Oh, man that sucks Sad How do you even get a brain lesion, did you injure yourself somehow?

I've actually been thinking that it's been quiet from you for a long time now, but I thought you were busy with some project. Best of luck with the surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery! Let us know once you're back on your feet so we know everything went well, OK?

RE: Didja miss me? - bigcat1969 - 09-28-2019

Thanks Mattias.
I have no idea. Felt completely exhausted and they took a look and found it. No idea why they even suspected. Its all kind of a blur. Four days on hospital. The surgery is to be scheduled next week so maybe 2 weeks out, a couple days in hospital, a couple days in rehab and a couple weeks getting back on my feet. Maybe all over by November?

RE: Didja miss me? - Mattias Westlund - 09-28-2019

All fingers crossed for November! Come to think of it, having a robot performing surgery on your brain is kind of cool. As long as it isn't out to rewire you to do the bidding of our machine overlords, that is.

RE: Didja miss me? - Paul Battersby - 09-28-2019

Scary news.  Sad  I hope everything turns out ok. My advice is to focus on, and to look forward to, the days when dealing with this brain lesion is just a distant memory. That's the approach I use to get through anything unpleasant.

RE: Didja miss me? - Samulis - 09-28-2019

BC, sorry to hear about this! At least you will be able to brag afterwards that you had a robot in your brain... and thus became a cyborg for several minutes! Smile

RE: Didja miss me? - Michael Willis - 09-29-2019

Bigcat! I agree with the sentiments expressed by everybody else: it sounds scary, I hope things go well, and the part about the miniature robotic surgeon makes me feel like we really do live in amazing times. There are a lot of things that today are considered medical inconveniences, but just decades ago would have been really bad.

RE: Didja miss me? - Nayrb - 09-30-2019

I, too, add my good vibes to the general soup of good-vibe-iness already cooked up by the above folks. I wish you a swift recovery, and I hope you get to name the robot they use. Andy Griffith IS actually a pretty relaxing show to watch when under the weather. And since it's nearing Halloween...

[Image: CO_Pp37UYAAgh9U.jpg]

RE: Didja miss me? - bigcat1969 - 10-02-2019

Well I made it back up all those stairs! Thanks for all the wonderful words and kind wishes. Strangely I'm doing fine and enjoying life more than I ever have. I'm walking more and getting outside, feeling the sun on my face and chatting with my neighbors which was never me before.

RE: Didja miss me? - Michael Willis - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 01:50 PM)bigcat1969 Wrote: I'm walking more and getting outside, feeling the sun on my face and chatting with my neighbors which was never me before.

Going outside? Talking to real human beings? I don't know what happened to you, but I like the new bigcat even more than before.