Scoring Central
Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? - Printable Version

+- Scoring Central (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net)
+-- Forum: General (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? (/showthread.php?tid=76)

Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? - kmlandre - 07-14-2016

Is there a method to do this (other than just posting a link)?

If not, can it be added without too much fuss and muss?

Have I done it before and my ancient cranial brain hole just can't recall?

--  Kurt

RE: Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? - Mattias Westlund - 07-14-2016

Working on it Smile

RE: Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? - Mattias Westlund - 07-14-2016

OK, it's not completely straightforward but I've added a custom bbCode for embedding Soundcloud links. It works like this:

Code:
[soundcloud]12345678[/soundcloud]

12345678 being the embed code of your soundcloud track. To find it you need to click the Embed tab when sharing a track, and then copy the digits following "api.soundcloud.com/tracks/". Annoyingly soundcloud won't let you just key through the string of text, you need to copy it all, paste it to somewhere and THEN copy the embed code.

There might be a better way of doing it, but this will have to do for now.

RE: Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? - kmlandre - 07-14-2016

You rock!

Now, since you fulfill requests so quickly...

Is there a bbCode to become a wildly popular and successful game and soundtrack composer? Can this be integrated in ScoringCentral? How quickly can YOU do all the work to make this happen for ME?! ;-)

Seriously, though... Thanks! :-)

Kurt

(07-14-2016, 10:03 PM)kmlandre Wrote: Is there a bbCode to become a wildly popular and successful game and soundtrack composer? Can this be integrated in ScoringCentral? How quickly can YOU do all the work to make this happen for ME?! ;-)

The soundcloud thing took only a few minutes of googling and some [now deleted] test posts to solve. As for becoming a wildly popular and successful game and soundtrack composer, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Google wasn't helpful at all so I'm back to just doing what I know and hoping for the best. Maybe there's a bbCode for becoming a prominent demo composer for all kinds of libraries? Something like [kontakt]kurt[/kontakt]? Wink

RE: Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? - kmlandre - 07-15-2016

(07-14-2016, 10:14 PM)Mattias Westlund Wrote: Maybe there's a bbCode for becoming a prominent demo composer for all kinds of libraries? Something like [kontakt]kurt[/kontakt]? Wink

Do "perniciously pervasive" and "prominent" mean the same thing? Cuz I'm all that if it does... :-D

RE: Embedding SoundCloud (and others) in forum posts? - Mattias Westlund - 07-15-2016

You can now also embed playlists, it works like this:

Code:
[playlist]URL[/playlist]

I.e. paste the playlist URL inbetween the tags.