Scoring Central
Quick website question - Printable Version

+- Scoring Central (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Off-topic (http://scoringcentral.mattiaswestlund.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Quick website question (/showthread.php?tid=702)

Quick website question - Mattias Westlund - 09-13-2019

Just noticed that the main navigation menu on my site seems broken on Chrome (but works fine in Firefox). Hover over it and you'll notice. Can anyone confirm this? Just making sure it's not a problem only on my end.

RE: Quick website question - Michael Willis - 09-13-2019

You mean the links that say "HOME", "ABOUT", "MUSIC", etc.? They look ok to my on both browsers. The links get highlighted on hover, and work when clicked.

RE: Quick website question - Mattias Westlund - 09-13-2019

(09-13-2019, 03:22 PM)Michael Willis Wrote: You mean the links that say "HOME", "ABOUT", "MUSIC", etc.? They look ok to my on both browsers. The links get highlighted on hover, and work when clicked.

Yes, those links. Huh. Here -- as soon as I hover over a link -- the entire menu bar jumps down and ends up on top of the text content below, and the logo and tagline are also shifted downwards. What browser are you on? This happens in Chrome and Opera here, but Firefox doesn't seem to be affected.

Like this:

[Image: mwnet.jpg]

RE: Quick website question - Michael Willis - 09-13-2019

Hmm, weird. I tried it using both Firefox and Chrome on MacOS, neither of which exhibited the bug. Then I tried Firefox and Chromium on Linux, and I saw the bug when using Chromium.

That is ideed weird. I have no idea what's going on here which makes me think I should leave it alone until I know whether it's a Chrome bug or something. The thing is, I haven't touched the css files or site config in any way for over a year, and this problem has definitely not existed that long. So either it's a Wordpress update that is causing it, or some change in the way Chrome/ium renders pages.

RE: Quick website question - Samulis - 09-14-2019

Ok this is super strange- as it was loading, the bug appeared, but then it seemed to fix itself... however, when I moused over the title text, it popped down and appeared just as pictured and remains like so until reloaded!

Did you recently add the social media buttons?

RE: Quick website question - Paul Battersby - 09-14-2019

It seems the problem is related to the social media links at the top left of the screen. When I delete them before mousing over the menu, then the menu doesn't move. If I mouse over the menu first (without first deleting the social media links), the menu jumps lower, but if I then delete the social media links after the menu has moved, the menu returns to it's normal position.

RE: Quick website question - Mattias Westlund - 09-14-2019

(09-14-2019, 02:38 AM)Paul Battersby Wrote: It seems the problem is related to the social media links at the top left of the screen. When I delete them before mousing over the menu, then the menu doesn't move. If I mouse over the menu first (without first deleting the social media links), the menu jumps lower, but if I then delete the social media links after the menu has moved, the menu returns to it's normal position.

Big thanks Paul, well spotted! I still have no idea why this happens since the social media links have been there since forever without issue, or why it happens only on mouse over. But at least now I know where to start looking in the code. Thanks again!